The benefits of becoming better organized are obvious: more time, less chaos, and an overall more simplified life. Like most self improvement desires, the benefits are obvious and the path unclear. Here are some home organizing ideas for some problematic areas to help navigate this path.
Having an organized closet saves time when choosing an outfit, but it also reduces wear and tear on clothing.
- Purge your closet of clothing and items that are no longer being used. If you haven’t used the item in a year, this is a definite candidate to donate or throw in the trash.
- Choose a hanger based on your specific need: thin hangers to save space or thick shape-conforming hangers to prevent creases.
- Categorize similar items together: separate blouses, slacks, dresses, skirts, t-shirts, and so on.
- For items that are scattered, causing clutter, or difficult to access, look for closet organizers to simplify things. Closet organizers like shoe organizers, over-the-door racks, and even hanging purse organizers can make a huge difference.
- Rotate clothing by season. Use garment bags and vacuum space saving bags to store out of season clothes. This will save space and save on the wear-and-tear of clothing.
Bathroom Storage Ideas
Make the morning easier, save time, and create a more relaxing atmosphere by organizing your bathroom.
- Again, purge. Look in your drawers and cabinets to throw anything away that you haven’t used in six months.
- Create more space by using over-the-door organizers, behind the door hooks, suction baskets, shelving, and vanity organizers
- Keep drawers organized with drawer dividers and organizers.
- Contain similar items in baskets and totes that can be brought out of a cabinet and used when needed.