Recreating your bathroom can be so much fun and there are so many great products available to get the job done. It’s great when homeowners have ideas of what they want. They have magazine clippings, bring personal drawings, show Pinterest photos and everything in between. The sky is the limit when it comes to the amount of unique products available for your bathroom.
Now it’s time to make your dream bathroom a reality. Unless you seriously plan to go over budget or have an unlimited budget, you will have to compromise. I’m sorry but it’s true. But that doesn’t mean that you won’t have an awesome bathroom when it’s all done. So take your dream and make the best part of it a reality and work from there.
Here are the basic tips if you are on any kind of a budget. which I think it includes the majority of us.
1. Decide the amount of money you want to spend on the entire bathroom. This includes all fixtures and all labor to install.
2. Expect that you will go over that budget by at least 10% and that’s a conservative number.
3. Don’t let your contractor give you general bids with ‘allowances’. This just means they allowed for cheap stuff and if you want your dream bathroom you need to be prepared to pay and pay to upgrade to what you really want. The ‘allowances’ must be detailed and you must make sure those estimates are within the range of the quality you are looking for. You may want to remove all ‘allowances’ so you are in control and find the proper materials for your dream bathroom. Contractors don’t like this because they ‘encourage’ you to purchase products that they get financial incentives for and/or products they are comfortable installing.
4. When you realize that everything is going to cost more than expected, don’t forget to compromise. Find the one thing in your bathroom that gives it the WOW factor and start from there. You may have to compromise on all the other aspects or decide to increase your budget. Usually, the outcome is somewhere in the middle.
5. There are ways to cut corners when you are outside of budget. Ask for help from the people who sell the products. They usually can find something within budget that you would have never found on your own.
The important thing is to have a realistic view of the costs involved and a detailed plan going into it. Your renovation can a good experience and you should be happy when it’s all done.
Bathroom remodeling jobs can be things of beauty. They can be the perfect combination of form & function. The issue with getting set to have your own remodeling job take shape is that you may not actually have a place to start. Sure, you may have some ideas, and you may even take inventory when you visit the bathroom at a friend or family member’s house, but you really don’t have the chance to get a grasp of the project’s breadth.
If you’ve thought about giving your bathroom a bit (or a major) makeover, but you’re not sure where to start, here are five places you can look for some inspiration:
1. Friends & Family – You arguably spend more time with friends and family than anyone else, and, as such, you have a chance to really see what they’re doing & what they’ve done. Are their faucets good at saving water? Do they like/not like having a tub? Have they tried a new type of exhaust system? You can even get some feedback on the most overlooked part of bathroom remodeling projects – storage.
2. Magazines – Many magazines are still available for homeowners looking for inspiration. The nice thing about most magazines aimed at this type of project is that they delve into all aspects of it. You’re looking for a bathroom remodel that reduces water consumption while still providing aesthetically pleasing fixtures. Maybe you’re also interested in paint combinations and greenery. Magazines hit on all bases.
3. Home Improvement Stores – Whether you’re talking “big-box” or “Mom & Pop”, these stores are seeing the trend of homeowners needing some feedback on remodeling projects. As such, many of them have in-store demos and mock-ups so that potential customers can not only see what choices they have in hardware, but they can also see how it can come together as a complete room. The best part is that you can get the materials there, & leave with just about all you need to start the job.
4. Television – TV used to have only a few channels to choose from, but now subscribers have access to hundreds of channels with special interests in mind, and this includes home improvement & remodeling. Not only is programming tailored toward making changes to your home, but in many cases, you get the ‘know-how’ to DIY.
5. Apps – It seems as though there is an app for everything, but there is certainly something to be said about the availability of apps that cater toward homeownership. What’s more, there are certain apps, like Pinterest, that showcase ideas of all kinds and allow users to ‘pin’ the idea to a virtual board, and share the idea with others.
Bathroom remodeling doesn’t have to be an arduous task meant to break your spirit. By having a place to start getting ideas, you’ll save time, and you’ll have the chance to get your remodel underway the right way.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7417322