Bathroom Renovation Costs. Bathroom renovation is never an inexpensive undertaking. For that reason it is a good idea to calculate how much it will cost you before you start throwing out the existing one in order to determine whether you can actually afford it or if it is a better idea to wait a few months to collect enough money. It is impossible to calculate bathroom renovation cost to every cent because as with most home improvement projects, there is always a chance of unpleasant surprises which are impossible to predict before the renovation project. Nevertheless, you can determine bathroom renovation cost very accurately if you pay attention to the following 5 things and add another 10 to 15 percent to the sum for unforeseen expenses:
1. New bathroom fixtures. This is the easiest part of calculating the cost of your renovation project. All you need to do is to determine what you need and how much it will cost you. The overall price of new bathroom fixtures depends greatly on the size of your bathroom, fixtures you want to replace and your personal preferences when it comes to style, design and materials.
2. Scale of your renovation project. Obviously, the more complicated and extensive the renovation the higher the price. Relocation of the fixtures, adding in new ones, etc. dramatically increases bathroom renovation cost. So if you would like to stay within a set budget, you are highly recommended to think through your wishes very well.
3. Removal of the old bathroom. Removing old ceramic tiles, bathtub, toilet, etc. is hard labor but it will cost you a great deal of money if you hire someone to do it for you. You cannot ruin anything really if you remove the old bathroom yourself which is why it is worth to consider making it a DIY project, of course, if you have the time.
4. Installation of new bathroom. Theoretically, you can install your new bathroom yourself but it is a good idea to leave over the installation part to the professionals if you are not absolutely confident in your DIY skills. This will of course increase the costs of your project but then again, ruining your new bathroom would even be more expensive.
5. Special issues. Before installing a new bathroom, it is a good idea to deal with any special issues such as mold, a leak, electrical problems, etc. They will probably require professional help which will increase the cost of the renovation, however, installing a new bathroom without dealing with mold for instance will not solve anything. Even more, it will quickly ruin the appearance of your new bathroom, not to mention that it may even jeopardize your health.
If you’ve recently become concerned with bathroom renovation cost, you are certainly not alone. With the economy currently in unstable conditions, it’s impossible to tell where we’ll be in just a few weeks, let alone years. This is causing homeowners to take a good look at their homes and decide what really needs changing. Just because the economy has taken a turn doesn’t mean homeowners stopped being concerned with home remodeling trends. If something about your bathroom is bothering you, chances are you’re going to want to change it. After all, this is a room in your home. If bathroom renovation costs have got you reconsidering, don’t give up hope yet. There are quite a few alternate routes you can take to update the look and feel of your bathroom without breaking the bank.
Home renovation doesn’t always have to mean large scale projects that can cost hundreds of dollars. There are plenty of small projects homeowners can take on themselves that will update the look of their room. Even if you have never completed a home improvement project in your life, you don’t always need to turn to costly outside labor in order to get the job done.
Knobs and pulls can be found in just about every bathroom out there. Whether they’re on drawers, medicine cabinets, or other cabinet doors – our bathrooms couldn’t be fully functional without them. Although they’re small, these simple pieces can actually make a big impression on the room with the proper amount of attention. Drawer pulls and cabinet knobs are certainly not the first things you think of when you think of a bathroom. Often, thinking outside of the box and focusing on non-traditional elements of a room can be the key to success when it comes to home renovation. By taking this route, you’re placing focus on a unique object in the room, thus setting your design apart from the others. You’re sure to make an impression on every visitor to your home this way.
If you’re still confused about how knobs and pulls can cut bathroom renovation cost, take a look at this example. If you have a bathroom that revolves around the wood finish of your cabinets and the beautiful cream color of your countertops, tub, and tile, you may be looking to tie the two material styles together. Sure, you could reserve two to three days to rip out the tile and replace it with matching wood flooring, but is this really the most practical solution for your budget? Instead of going to all this trouble, spend some time looking for elegant, cream colored drawer pulls and cabinet knobs. Placing these brand new pieces on your wooden cabinet and drawers will not only make them pop against the beautiful new finish, but they will tie together all of the other cream elements in the room. In just a few hours, you’ve instantly created harmony within the room and you didn’t have to turn to outside labor to get the job done.
Another great option you have when choosing your knobs and pulls is creative justice. With so many different styles available – you can virtually go in any direction when deciding what to install in your room. With the cream bathroom example, chances are you can find cream knobs in a variety of styles and textures. Depending on how ornate you would like your drawer pulls and cabinet knobs to be, you can choose the style that’s right for you. And even then, the most ornate knobs and pulls will still cost you hundreds less than it would to replace the tile in your bathroom.
Thinking about cutting bathroom renovation cost in this way doesn’t sound so bad, does it? You just might end up loving the finished product even more than you would if you were to go through with a large scale project. So before you jump into something you may not be able to afford – pay some special attention to detail. You may just love what you find.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2287722