The key to buying furniture for modern homes is quite simple – make it utilitarian, minimalistic, and space-saving. A few elegant artistic lines are an added bonus.
Bathroom vanities are no exception. You get them in all different sizes and different kinds, but you have to pick the one that’s just right. Currently, modern bathroom vanities usually have the following features:
1. Minimalistic. The age of huge, chunky ornaments and carving is over. People want to live simple lives rather than revel in their own opulence, and the most expensive of things today are often the simplest and most delicate. Go for simple one-color or bordered finishes, clean and simple lines.
2. Transparent. Glass is “in” in a big way. Your vanity could have a glass paneled door, or even a glass sink. For aesthetic purposes, tinted or stained glass works better than transparent in your sink.
3. Small. Modern homes are usually small. If you are lucky or rich enough to have a huge bathroom, make sure to utilize that space rather than clutter it with the largest possible furniture items. If you have a small bathroom, make sure that it’s friendly for emergency access. Wall-mounted vanities let you access a lot of floor space, while serving as storage units as well.
4. Vessel sinks. Vessel sinks are mounted on top of the vanity rather than embedded into it. While glass vessel sinks can look stunningly contemporary, stone vessel sinks in a variety of finishes – marble, malachite, granite etc – can serve as a pleasing vintage-y contrast to your ultra-modern bathroom.
5. Adventurous faucets. Faucets are no longer those stainless steel eyesores that have knobs to grasp and twist. Today, faucets come in stainless steel, bronze, chrome, nickel and even black finishes. Beautifully crafted in thousands of designs, they let you choose from knobs to levers to automatic infrared detection. They may be wall mounted as well as attached to your vanity. I hope you won’t take ugly faucets for granted any more after reading this.
6. Storage space. Modern homes need storage space. A classy bathroom vanity can let you store your towels and bathrobes as well as cosmetics without looking ugly. If you can afford it – which shouldn’t be tough from a factory price discounted store – this gives you more reason to buy that double vanity you know you need.
Everything I’ve said here is a mere guideline, not to be taken as gospel. The Internet is full of vanities that you can see for yourself. If you measure your bathroom, you will easily be able to tell what size of vanity you’re looking for. If you still can’t, ask someone experienced to estimate the size for you.
At the end of the day, pick the bathroom vanity that suits your idea of style and utility, within a reasonable budget. Being modern is all about choosing for yourself, and that’s all that you need to be doing.
The Turnberry Ocean Colony Condo Sunny Isles are the affluent type of real estate that is becoming popular in Miami. The condominium homes as well as the building they are situated in offer the luxurious amenities that people still seem to be wary of embracing at the moment.
Since 2010, people have been showing an interest in Miami real estate, and this building has been deeply involved in this trend. Proof that interest in these condominium homes is growing is the fact that the price per square foot is rising. Real estate in this country appears to be suggesting that the market has bottomed out, but not that prices are going up. The real estate in Miami has been ahead of other areas in the country and is even passing these other cities by with rising home prices.
A testament to the fact that the real estate market is recovering in this area is the fact that real estate agents in the area have been working very hard since 2011. During this time, some people have happily complained that they were unable to take time off for a summer vacation due to the full schedule they had of showing and selling properties. Several properties are following the trend with the Turnberry because so many have increased their prices over the past year.
As with any recession, people become very wary of how they are spending their money. Even when it appears that the country is recovering, they are still cautious before they begin to spend their money again. Although the Miami area is suffering from this phenomenon less than in other areas, it still is having an affect on people’s thinking. They are interested in purchasing the gloriously opulent real estate that is present at the Turnberry, but they are not all rushing to go along with the new trend.
This year, it appears that it will be easier for people to begin to step into the luxury real estate market again. The Turnberry is even continuing to see its price per square foot increase; currently, units are selling for the sensational price of more than $850 per square foot.
What makes this particular building so impressive is the fact that people have so many exceptional services to boast about when they reside here. The building has been created to appear to be suggestive of the old West Indies. Along with a fitness center that also contains a spa, residents have access to the best trainers and Al Fresco massage and exercise.
Residents have the option of relaxing in the swimming pool. When they get hungry, they do not have to travel very far to satisfy their hunger and their thirst. The swimming pool has a café with plenty of food and beverages for hungry and thirsty residents. If they have the need to see a hair stylist, they do not have to leave the building for this activity either. This building has a hair salon right on the premises.
People would expect the kitchens to be highly modern. These kitchens have cabinets made from imported cherry wood, countertops made from granite and an island to aid in cooking. All of the kitchen’s appliances are from the brand Miele with a refrigerator by Sub-Zero. They also have a temperature-controlled area for cooling wine and a cook top with pot filler.
The bathrooms are also spectacular versions of architectural design with marble within by Fior D Pesco. The cherry wood theme is continued into the bathrooms because every one has vanities made of cherry wood, like the cabinets in the kitchens. The bathrooms also recreate a spa experience with Jacuzzis within and steam showers. The bathrooms have a toilet as well as a bidet, both by the brand Kohler San Rafael along with a full length mirror for observing all angles from all sides.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6938417